Athletics Ireland have announced a strong team of nine athletes to compete at the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k, incorporating the 100K National Championships, on March 24th, 2024 in Perth Scotland.
“The Anglo Celtic Plate 100km race was the brain child of John Foden, the same man who had the idea for a little event in Greece called the Spartathlon!
He had established a 100km road event in 1993 utilising the traffic free paths of Holme Pierrepoint Park, where the National Watersport centre had been created just outside Nottingham. His aim was to create a platform whereby every year, the UK and Ireland had an event where promising ultra-runners had the opportunity to represent their own country, while also bringing together some of current best ultra runners to race against other.”
- Tricia McLoughlin – Le Cheile AC
- Anne Jennings –Dublin Bay Running Club
- Christine Kinsella – Brothers Pearse AC
- Lorraine McMahon – Wexford Marathon Club
- Aoife Ni Mhaoileoin – Le Cheile AC
- Ciaran McGonagle – Letterkenny AC
- Wayne Waldron – Donore Harriers.
- Barry McCarroll – Slieve Gullion Runners
- Louis Coyne – Galway City Harriers
The Anglo Celtic Plate 100k Home International plays an important role in developing athletes at distances beyond the Marathon and to prepare athletes for future opportunities at European and World Championships.
You can find the Scottish Athletics Release HERE.