Katie-George Dunlevy and Linda Kelly continued their winning ways with a gold medal performance in the Time Trial at the Ostend Para-cycling World Cup on Friday, May 5th.
The duo backed up their gold medals in the time trial and road race at last month’s Maniago World Cup, soaring to victory in Belgium with over 30 seconds to spare in the 21km time trial.
In the second World Cup of the season, the Irish national team continue to compete at a high level as fellow tandem duo Josephine Healion and Eve McCrystal claimed fourth spot in the time trial.
The rest of the squad all posted some strong performances in Friday’s time trial, including a fourth place for Ronan Grimes in the C4 category, 7th for Richael Timothy in C3, 14th for Damien Vereker and Mitchell McLaughlin in the men’s tandem and Chris Burns finished 16th in the C2 time trial.
In action on Thursday, May 4th, Declan Slevin finished in 30th place in the H4 time trial.
The Cycling Ireland Para-cycling Commission are supporting a Development Squad participating in Ostend, with Cormac O’Callaghan’s 14th place in the C1 time trial and Allister MacSorley’s 10th place in the H4 time trial among the highlights.
William Clifford finished 16th in C3, Scott Drummond placed 18th in C2, Ivan Naluswa placed 20th in the C5 while Ray Murnane picked up 28th in the H4 time trial.
Competing as an independent entrant, Eoghan Clifford finished in 12th place in the C3 time trial.
The Irish National Team and Para-cycling Commission Development Squad continue their World Cup with the road races on Saturday, May 6th, and Sunday, May 7th.
Time Trial Results
Ireland National Team
- Katie-George Dunlevy & Linda Kelly – Women’s Tandem: Gold
- Josephine Healion & Eve McCrystal – Women’s Tandem: 4th
- Damien Vereker & Mitchell McLaughlin – Men’s Tandem: 14th
- Ronan Grimes – Men’s C4: 4th
- Chris Burns – Men’s C2: 16th
- Declan Slevin – Men’s H3: 30th
- Richael Timothy – Women’s C3: 7th
Paracycling Commission Development Squad
- Cormac O’Callaghan – Men’s C1: 14th
- William Clifford – Men’s C3: 16th
- Ivan Naluswa – Men’s C5: 20th
- Ray Murnane – Men’s H4: 28th
- Allister MacSorley – Men’s H4: 10th
- Scott Drummond – Men’s C2: 18th
- Eoghan Clifford – Men’s C3: 12th