The Women’s Commission invites applications for selection to represent the commission team at Rás na mBan for 2022. Ireland’s international women’s stage race will take place from the 7th of September with six stages taking place over five days, in and around the race base in County Kilkenny.
2022 will be the 16th running of Rás na mBan, an event that attracts Olympians and world championship riders. The race returns with a familiar format featuring four road race stages of varying length and difficulty, a time trial, and a crit race.
The deadline for all applications is 6th August, and the selection criteria are outlined below.
Athletes must hold a UCI license which permits them to race in the discipline they are applying to race for. They must also have signed a Cycling Ireland Code of Conduct, and not be serving a suspension or disqualification by Cycling Ireland, the UCI, or WADA.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Adherence to Cycling Ireland Anti-Doping policy
- Consistent and successful performance and or results in Women’s road or time trial events in 2022
- Ability to work as a team and follow a strategy/plan
- The rider’s technical ability and bike handling skills
- Demonstrated form/condition in a similar event
- The rider’s demonstrated willingness to promote cycling in a positive manner
- The rider’s demonstrated ability to take personal responsibility for self and their results
- Applied as per communicated press and within timelines
- Willing to partake in training events prior to the event.
Further details are included in the below document surrounding other factors for consideration in selection, selection timelines, and reasons for de-selection.
Applications should include a cycling CV outlining how you meet the key selection points.