A new Women’s Beginner Triathlon Programme is being delivered by three Dublin triathlon clubs in conjunction with Triathlon Ireland.
Starting on the 24th of April, the six week programme will take beginners through a coached programme with lots of support, right through to to TriAthy in Kildare on the 3rd of June. Dublin clubs 3D, Piranha and T3 will be running sessions and there will be two skills sessions for the entire group during that time.
Training sessions will be based around Dublin City Centre, with the aim that sessions will be reachable by bike or public transport as much as possible; the wonderful Phoenix Park is heavily leveraged for run and bike sessions. Swim sessions are held in Belvedere College.
The registration fee is €95 and includes:
- Triathlon Ireland membership;
- Entry to Tri Athy Triathlon;
- Access to the six week training programme and weekly club sessions with your chosen club
- Two Triathlon Ireland-coached skills sessions on the 29th of April and the 27th of May
- The programme also includes a Triathlon Ireland hosted webinar on Monday, 24th April to welcome you to the course and to answer all your questions about taking part, what gear you need, etc.
At the end of the programme, you will become a triathlete by taking on the 250m swim, 20km bike and 4km run at TriAthy 2023.
You must be over 18 to sign up and be able to swim at 100m unaided.
Find out more and sign up to the programme HERE
For further details please contact Triathlon Ireland’s Women in Sport Lead Anna Grealish. Technical questions relating to sign ups can be sent to Calvin Murphy at email@example.com.